Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Update

Caerphilly CBC has taken the decision and has adopted a consistent approach to ensure social distancing and restricting the potential of any form of gathering within our open spaces, along with other local authorities across Wales, in the interest of public health, and as a consequence the Council has closed children’s play areas, multi-use games areas (MUGAs), skate parks, municipal and country parks for which it is responsible from the 23 March until further notice.

This tough decision follows guidance from UK and Welsh Government to ensure social distancing in order to limit the spread of COVOID-19 Coronavirus and to protect our residents, especially those who are vulnerable. Residents are being urged to co-operate with these closures and not attempt to enter these spaces.


Pay and Display car parking operates in most of our country park car parks between 7am and 7pm during which visitors are required to display a valid ticket. Please ensure you have enough change for the machines as they accept coins only (£2, £1, 50p, 20p, 10p and 5p) and do not give change. Unfortunately the machines do not accept notes or cards nor is there a facility for you to pay by phone.

Pay and Display applies in the following car parks:

Please note that some of our car parks have restricted opening times. You can find details of these closure times in the "Planning your Visit" section for each country park.


Up to 2 hours     £1.00                      Daily     £3.00

Blue Badge holders are required to pay but may park for 1 additional hour after the expiry time shown on the ticket.

Season Tickets

Season tickets, valid for all our country parks and Cwmcarn Forest, are available and currently cost

Annual Season Ticket valid for 12 months   £50.00                   

Half Season Ticket valid for 6 months          £25.00

To obtain a season ticket you can download an application form. Completed application forms along with a cheque made payable to 'Caerphilly County Borough Council' can be sent to Planning Division, Tredomen House, Tredomen Park, Hengoed, CF82 7WF. (Please do not send cash through the post.)

Alternatively, your application form and payment can be taken in person to Planning Reception at Tredomen House, Cwmcarn Forest Visitor Centre or Parc Cwm Darran Visitor Centre (summer months only).